Saturday 20 August 2011

Hell Bent, and Nashville Bound!

The Roadhammers said it best, "I ain't got no money, I ain't got no sense, Headed down to Nashville, just to say I went." well its only half true.

The truth; I have no money, some say I have no sense, I am headed down to Nashville, to help improve my agvocacy skills. 

I am not one for the lights of a big city, but is Nashville really a big city?

When I heard about the 2011 Agvocacy 2.0 Training, I was intrigued. Then I found out it was in Nashville, so I made it my goal to attend. The AgChat Foundation is hosting this fantastic confrerence for us to improve and tweak our Agvocacy skills. 

Before I go any further, here is a little information I found on their website to give you little background of this conference.

Their misson

Empower farmers and ranchers to connect communities through social media platforms.

Why Agvocacy? (Well really, why not?)

The AgChat℠ Foundation is designed to help those who produce food, fuel, fiber and feed tell agriculture’s story from their point of view. The Foundation will educate and equip farmers and ranchers with the skill set needed to effectively engage on Twitter, Facebook, blogs, YouTube, Linkedin and other social media services. It will give them knowledge to unlock new tools to effectively tell their story. Research shows that social media is a growing opportunity for farmers to have a stronger voice in educating people about the business of growing food, fuel, feed and fiber.
The Foundation is built from the highly visible “#AgChat” community on Twitter. This weekly moderated chat has served as an international meeting place where the people of agriculture can discuss difficult issues, tell their farm stories and identify ways to connect with people outside of agriculture. More than 2,000 people from seven countries have participated in #AgChat since it started in April 2009. And that’s only the beginning.
Farmers are leading a grassroots effort to develop the AgChat℠ Foundation. The organization is designed to connect agriculture in communities beyond Twitter. Four program areas have been identified to maximize agriculture’s opportunity with social media – be sure to see what farmers have to say about why this is important.

Don't be shy to visit www.agchat.org and find more information. 

The best thing about this website, I find, is it show cases the farmers involved in the foundation. Many of you may notice that it is an American based foundation, and that may turn you off. I find it more intriguing to see the similarities and differences between the agriculture on each side of the border. This is another reason I am very excited to be going to Nashville. 

Let's face it, a trip to Nashville would be a waste if I didn't go see some of the major staples of the town. 


The Country Music Hall of Fame 

How could I go to the Country Capital and not take in the Hall of Fame? This building plays home to millions of country music archives from decades past. This summer they are showcasing the Williams family legacy, and the American Letter Press  (poster shop).

Has anyone gone to Nashville and didnt take in the Grand Ole Opry?


The Grand Ole Opry will be playing host to Vince Gill, Larry Gatlin, Kimmy Wayne, Bradley Gaskin, James Wesley, The Sleepyman Banjo Boys and more.  This many acts for under $50?? Steal of a deal if you ask me. 

And of course, I made sure I packed a light suitcase for tons of country shopping!

As I sit here in the Toronto airport during my 4 hour layover, I just keep getting more and more excited to  be Hell Bent and Nashville Bound!






No comments:

Post a Comment